A couple of years ago I never took care of my skin, a little bit of moisturiser once a day and I was good to go. Now I feel like my bathroom is over flowing with different types of products – masks, moisturisers, eye creams, etc.
I wanted to share with you my Top 5 Current Skincare Products, these products get me through some cold, dry, crazy skin days. ( You know how it is).
Hydration is the number one key factor in keeping your skin looking and feeling fresh in the winter. The cold weather has such an abrasive effect on your skin, so it’s important to keep it in tip top shape.
1. I start off my skincare routine with Cliniques 7 Day Scrub Cream, this product is great for removing any dry skin. I generally only use this product at night time, as it can be a little too harsh on my skin to use twice a day.
2. Depending on how my skin is feeling, I will use this Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque on my T-Zone area as that is where I tend to get the most oily / blackheads and this mask is great for pulling any impurities to the surface and making my skin look great again.
3. If my skin is feeling dry or looking a little dull I will use this No7 Hydration Mask from Boots.
This is fantastic if you have dry skin as it gives you a boost of hydration to make your skin feel soft again! Sometimes I like to leave this on over night and wash it off in the morning to really feel the effects from it.
4. If you had asked me about 2 years ago what eye cream I used I probably would have laughed at you, I never used any up until a few months ago really. I first picked up this Garnier Miracle one in Boots, this one is great for the morning when you're getting ready to put on make-up as once it's starts to dry it gives a tinted 'foundation' like colour on your skin.
At night time I use the Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex cream, when I apply this to my under eyes it's like giving them a big class of water, they instantly feel replenished and not dry and sore like they sometimes do at the end of a long day.
5. Lastly I finish off my routine with my FAVOURITE moisturiser ever! The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel has done wonders for my skin since I've been using it the past year and a half. I didn't know how much of an effect a good moisture could have on your skin until I bought this, it leave you glowing and hydrated for hours and hours!
What are your must have skincare products?
Until next time,
*The Dermalogica products mentioned in this blog post were kindly gifted to me by PR, I was under no obligation to write any review / post on them and all opinions given are 100% my own.